Greensboro, North Carolina, USA
195,680 ft² | 18,180 m² | 141 Beds
The new $100 Million Women’s & Children’s Center was constructed as an attached addition to the existing Moses Cone Hospital to replace the existing Women’s Hospital and expand maternity and women’s care services offered in Greensboro, North Carolina area.
HCR provided a variety of transition services in support of the project, including:
- a full inventory management program to manage, inventory and capture all reuse assets;
- off-site warehousing management and installation for the hospital’s new purchases to outfit the facility;
- deployment and installation of all new IT equipment, including software uploading;
- patient and asset move planning;
- physical relocation of assets; and
- patient transfer coordination services.
HCRs’ involvement in the project began in 2017 during the pre-construction phase and continued throughout the entire project, ending with the 5-day relocation completed in February 2020. A total of 32 women and 50 babies were safely relocated into the new facility every 4 minutes on the final day of the move, marking the official opening of the new facility.
Cone Health Women and Children’s Center at Moses Cone admits its first patient
‘Expect to see a parade of ambulances’: The Cone Health Women’s and Children’s Center at Moses Cone opens Sunday
Sneak Peek: Inside the Cone Women’s and Children’s Center, which opens Sunday